Tuesday, July 21, 2009

MORE ON UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article6719226.ece
By Colleen

Why should this story have anything to do with you? This young man is going to die because under NHS rules he is not going to have the liver transplant that he needs. Who cares you say? He did it to himself? Yes, but he was never warned about the dangers of alcohol as the schools only teach about the dangers of drugs.
And there is a shortage of donated livers. OK I can understand that.
However, what is the real reason he cannot get a transplant? Because in the past the NHS would sell the donated organs to patients who need them overseas who can afford to pay the higher prices that the livers can command. And life style choices enter the picture. If the choices that you make regarding your health are not the good choices that government says you should be making then you do not deserve the right to a transplant.
Yes, that is right! In the past The National Health Service would sell the organs to the highest bidder overseas! I will underscore and print in red ink the statement in the story that confirms what I have just said. There was such an outcry about this the NHS says that it no longer sells the organs, but can we be sure of that?
Now the question you need to ask yourself is this. Can I trust my government if they adopt the socialized medicine concept that the U.K has not to do the same thing? Sell donated organs to the highest bidder in order to pay for the "free medical care for everyone"? Right now it is against the law to sell bodies or body parts, but how long will it stay that way?
We can not trust our government to manage our banks and financial institutions, so how can we trust them with dealing with the health problems?
Already in India it is common to see woman with one scar on their backs from where there they sold one of their kidneys. The husbands are the bosses, and if he thinks he can solve his financial problems, his wife is the one to give up one of her kidneys. Of course the husband keeps the money and she is left with one kidney.
Organs have become big business.
I discovered this through my research in trying to find the right place to donate my body for medical research. While cleaning out my desk I came across an ad from the newspaper that I had saved. The headline screamed FREE CREMATION.
Underneath that attention-grabbing headline they said that with my whole body donation to medical science and education this company will GIVE ME A FREE CREMATION. Great I thought! I had always wanted to donate my body to science as I have had a long and well-documented history of my back problems with copies of my x-rays taken from 1958.
If you go to this web site: www.medcure.org you can see how professional this web site it is attracting its future customers, because in the end, that is what you will become, just another one of their customers. You donate your body and they distribute the parts of the body to others. They are the intermediary, or the middleman in the equation. They slice and dice you and send your most valuable parts unto different medical schools who need your body parts for teaching or for research.
This is how it works. You sign the papers before you die and then inform your next of kin to call a special number that they give to you. Alternately your next of kin can donate your body to them. The most important part is to have your next of kin to call them before they do anything else. They will contact the nearest funeral home to come and pick up the body. Then your body will be taken by the funeral home and then flown back to their place of business, which is in Portland, Oregon. They will pay for your body to be transported. Then in 3 weeks time any parts of you not used will be cremated and sent back in a lovely heart-shaped cardboard box with a package of wild flower seeds. Then your next of kin can scatter your ashes according to your wishes.
Of course there are some caveats. They will not take your body if you are overweight or damaged in an accident - or have a disease like Aids or Hepatitis.
If you die in a hospital then health officer makes a determination if your body can be donated for science or research. If you qualify then you are off to the races; or rather others are off to the races to see who gets you first. When you donate your body for scientific research then you have to give them the whole body. You can not ask that special parts be donated to another agency.
I just called the company to ask them what their policy is if I am transported at their cost to their place of business and for some reason they can not use my body. Will my family then be sent a bill to pay for the expenses of the cost of transporting my body? I was informed that they do all kinds of tests first to make sure your body is not suffering form some kind of infectious disease. Sometimes they discover that a body has an infectious disease at the time of death but for some reason it was not detected. They will go ahead and cremate the body and return the ashes to the family or scatter them at sea, what ever your wishes were when the papers where signed. They assume the cost of this and they have never sent a bill to the family if they receive a body and can not make any use of it. Well, that is good to know, as I would hate to think my sons would have to pay for my body to be transported to Portland, Oregon.
Now this got me to wondering, what is going on here? How can they pay for the cost of transporting my body all the way across the country to be sliced, diced, and then sent off to other parts of the country to the different institutions that need those very valuable body parts? A call to their office informed me that they receive funding from different sources that receive money from grants given to them.
In the end I decided to donate my body to the University of Texas, the Health Science Center at Houston - because they will keep the bodies for up to 2 years. This way if I am hanging on ice or in some freezer I know that eventually I will be picked up and used by the University of Texas for teaching and research purposes. They will come and pick up my body if I die within 100 miles of Houston. I live about 50 miles from Houston. If I die somewhere else than my body will go to Medcure.org in Portland. I always like to have a backup plan in reserve incase things go topsy-turvey.
Please read this story and ask yourself, what will my country do to save money to pay for the treatment of giving us free medical care?
Cheers!
Colleen
___________________________________________________________________

Colleen,
Did you write this? Excellent information.
Thank you,
Roni
__________________________________________________________________
Yes Roni, I wrote this as I want as many people that I can to really know exactly what is at stake here if we allow our President and the democratic party to shove this "free medical plan" down our throats. You can post it onto your web site if you wish. I still have not figure out how to post stuff. I am on working on a story that clearly shows on the NHS is failing its customers, the taxpayers in Britain that have paid for this free medical care all their working lives. And 23% of their wages go to just pay for the NHS system. Then you ad the rest of the taxes and it comes up to 50%. No wonder so many of the Britains try to come to our country.
Keep up the good fight. Thank you for telling me that it was excellent information. I had only recieved one comment from a lady, my age, who refuses to believe that this play for "free medical care" is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. She believes I am making a mountain out of a molehile. I wrote and told her that after living and seeing how socialized medicine works, I know what I am talking about. And I will back up what I say with actual articles from their own countries newspaper, The London Times. That is why I include the web address so they can read the article from their own newspages.
Take Care !
Colleen

No comments: